February 2020 SIKM Call: Luis Suarez - Impact of Data Analytics in Digital Transformation Programs #monthly-call #analytics #transformation

Stan Garfield

This is a reminder of tomorrow's monthly call from 11 am to 12 noon EST.

  • February 18, 2020 SIKM Call: Luis Suarez on The Impact of Data Analytics in Digital Transformation Programs
  • Slides
  • Profile
  • For online chat, visit tchat.io and sign in with your Twitter account, or use the #KMers hashtag in Twitter.
  • The story of our community

SIKM Leaders Community Monthly Call

  • When: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
  • Where: (712) 770-4035 (US and Canada) Passcode 178302
  • International Dial-in Numbers
  • You can join online using your computer’s speakers and microphone at http://join.freeconferencecall.com/stangarfield
    - Online Meeting ID: stangarfield
  • If you join online, be sure to click on the grey phone icon and then choose your audio preference. If your audio is live, you should see a red phone icon.
  • If you have problems connecting, call customer service at 844-844-1322.
  • Occurs the third Tuesday of every month from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Eastern Time (USA)
  • Commnituy Site
  • Slides
  • Previous Calls
  • Future Calls
  • Calendar

Stan Garfield

TO: SIKM Leaders Community

Today we held our 174th monthly call.
Here are the details.

Thanks to Luis for presenting, to Catherine Shinners, Andrew Trickett, and Kathy Hagen for their questions, and to those who attended. Please continue the discussion here by replying to this thread.

Here is the group chat transcript:

[2/18/2020 11:20:27 AM] Andrew Trickett: A variation is related to intranets - where good knowledge goes to die

[2/18/2020 11:50:10 AM] Kathy Hagen: I agree with you, and do give the tough messages. I think we can help them by providing a plan, a way forward to move from email so it doesn't seem like a daunting and overwhelming task. Break it down for them to see what they can do first

[2/18/2020 11:54:57 AM] Luis Suarez: Absolutely! Thanks, Kathy

Hi Stan,

Thanks ever so much for the wonderful opportunity to present in this month's SIKM event. I had a real blast altogether and I very much appreciate all of the questions and insights shared by everyone. 🙏😃

If anything, I suspect today's call highlighted the need for me to resurface back over here in this space and be a bit more active participating and adding my two cents worth in different conversations. I realise over the last few years I have been more of a lurker than a participant and think I need to change that. I couldn't engage before with the level and intent as I would have wished, mostly due to personal matters going on, but since those seem to have settled down a bit, I think it's time to come back again heh

Many many thanks, once again, for having me today and look forward to getting my feet wet!

Cheers!
Luis

Oooh, and to add further up into both Kathy's and Andrew's comments in the live chat, Andrew is just spot on! I, too, know of a bunch of Intranets that make me cringe a little, specially, after how much they have succeeded in making people's lives miserable failing to find what they needed! I have been exposed to Intranets since the mid-90s and it's incredible to see how little we seem to have progressed! There is just so much more work to get done around understanding knowledge practitioners' needs and adapting to them... Yikes!

Kathy, if you are interested in the topic, I could share some additional details on the methodology I use to help organisations reduce that inbox clutter quite dramatically through small steps and business practices they can implement pretty easily to successfully challenge the status quo of some collaborative tools, including email.I think I may even have some recordings of Web sessions I have done in the past ... Let me know and I will dig them out... Thanks much, once more, for the feedback!

Beeta Tahmassebi

Hi Luis,

We’d also love to see the recordings of web sessions you may have.

Thanks,

Beeta

Beeta Tahmassebi, Director of Strategic Initiatives

EnCompass LLC | Direct: +1 301-287-8715

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn