Document Management Policy, Standard and Governance Framework #content-management #governance

Miguel Jordan

Dear SIKM Colleagues:

Iam trying to find information in relation to:

a) document management policies;
b)  document management standards;
c) document management governance frameworks

Your recommendations are welcome.
Best regards and thanks very much.

Atte.
Miguel A.Jordán

Daan Boom

Dear Miguel, it’s best to start your journey with orienting yourself with a few white papers published by the AIIM (https://www.aiim.org/) and ARMA (https://www.arma.org) I further reference you to iso standard 15489 on information and documentation management. The ISO is pricey but to get the definitions and concepts right worth the investment. Most of the white papers reference to the iso as well so for orientation you might as well stick to the free papers.

Daan

On Mar 3, 2020, at 06:38, Miguel Jordan <ingenierojordan@...> wrote:

Dear SIKM Colleagues:

Iam trying to find information in relation to:

a) document management policies;
b)  document management standards;
c) document management governance frameworks

Your recommendations are welcome.
Best regards and thanks very much.

Atte.
Miguel A.Jordán

Miguel Jordan

Thanks Daan!
I have been reading a lot about and wanted to know if there was something else to consider for such topics.
Best regards,
Miguel

--
Atte.
Miguel A.Jordán

Stephen Bounds

Hi Miguel,

Here's something I wrote about the topic a couple of years back:
https://idm.net.au/article/0012049-making-government-record-keeping-work

In general, anything by James Lappin is gold if you're looking for a forward-looking approach to recordkeeping and document management. I'm assuming you are looking at the topic from a government context?

Cheers,
Stephen.

====================================
Stephen Bounds
Executive, Information Management
Cordelta
E: stephen.bounds@...
M: 0401 829 096
On 3/03/2020 11:05 am, Miguel Jordan wrote:

[...]

Hi Stephen:

thanks very much also for your quick response.
Will revise your mentioned link.
Best regards,
Miguel