Courses on Narrative Design? #learning #storytelling

Ok, KMers. A quick google search on “narrative design courses” produced a long list of results, all revolving around video game design - which is distinctly not my interest. More along the lines of narrative design as it applies to business and marketing.

Time to tap into the SIKM braintrust. Any good online (or IRL) courses on narrative design that you would recommend? #NarrativeDesign #Storytelling

Thanks in advance for any info/tips/pointers/reviews!

-Tom
--

Tom Short Consulting
TSC

+1 415 300 7457

All of my previous SIKM Posts

John Hovell

Hi Tom and SIKM,

Regarding #NarrativeDesign and #Storytelling, a few names that come to mind are Steve Denning, Madelyn Blair, Thaler Pekar, Svend Erik Engh, Cilian Fennell, Victoria Ward, and Golden Fleece Group might still exist. I’m embarrassing probably forgetting several names, apologies. They may or may not have online courses, but surely would know of some recommendations, and post quite a bit online…

Hope that helps with the search?

John

From: SIKM@groups.io <SIKM@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Short
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 12:48 PM
To: SIKM@groups.io
Subject: [SIKM] Courses on Narrative Design?

Ok, KMers. A quick google search on “narrative design courses” produced a long list of results, all revolving around video game design - which is distinctly not my interest. More along the lines of narrative design as it applies to business and marketing.

Time to tap into the SIKM braintrust. Any good online (or IRL) courses on narrative design that you would recommend? #NarrativeDesign #Storytelling

-Tom
--

Tom Short Consulting
TSC

+1 415 300 7457

Stan Garfield

In addition to Steve Denning and the others suggested by John, Shawn Callahan and Dave Snowden are important thought leaders.  Also see Storytelling, Business Narrative, and Anecdote Circles.

Matt Moore <innotecture@...>

I’m currently doing of Anecdote’s courses - which they have moved to a virtual classroom model: https://www.anecdote.com/

Matt Moore
+61 423 784 504

On Apr 9, 2020, at 2:56 AM, John Hovell <johnhovell@...> wrote:

Hi Tom and SIKM,

Regarding #NarrativeDesign and #Storytelling, a few names that come to mind are Steve Denning, Madelyn Blair, Thaler Pekar, Svend Erik Engh, Cilian Fennell, Victoria Ward, and Golden Fleece Group might still exist. I’m embarrassing probably forgetting several names, apologies. They may or may not have online courses, but surely would know of some recommendations, and post quite a bit online…

John

-Tom
--

Tom Short Consulting
TSC

+1 415 300 7457

Katrina Pugh

Hello, Tom, John, SIKM 
Try John Lewis’ “Story Thinking” - a novel way of imagining the future through narrative. 

Cheers
Kate

Katrina Pugh
AlignConsulting | Collaboration, Analytics and Strategy
Columbia University | Information and Knowledge Strategy Master of Science Program
Mobile: 617-967-3910

On Apr 8, 2020, at 12:56 PM, John Hovell <johnhovell@...> wrote:

Hi Tom and SIKM,

John

-Tom
--

Tom Short Consulting
TSC

+1 415 300 7457

John Hovell

Ah yes, thanks Stan, Matt, Kate and no doubt more coming… Building on Kate’s reminder, here’s the recent virtual knowledge café (first few minutes anyway) from John Lewis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1mWCsrCbb4&feature=youtu.be

Thanks,

John

From: SIKM@groups.io <SIKM@groups.io> On Behalf Of Katrina Pugh
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: [SIKM] Courses on Narrative Design?

Hello, Tom, John, SIKM 

Try John Lewis’ “Story Thinking” - a novel way of imagining the future through narrative. 

Cheers

Kate

Katrina Pugh

AlignConsulting | Collaboration, Analytics and Strategy

Columbia University | Information and Knowledge Strategy Master of Science Program

Mobile: 617-967-3910

On Apr 8, 2020, at 12:56 PM, John Hovell <johnhovell@...> wrote:

Hi Tom and SIKM,

John

-Tom
--

Tom Short Consulting
TSC

+1 415 300 7457

Edited

Thanks, everyone. So many great pointers to resources on this topic in one place! FYI, the LinkedIn post Stan recommended is one to bookmark for future reference (along with this thread). 
--
-Tom
--

Tom Short Consulting
TSC

+1 415 300 7457