Groups.io accessing the site #tools

Andrew Trickett

I've been having some real problems accessing the site no matter what browser I use (Chrome, Safari & Firefox)  I get a message saying that it may be a bogus site or that the certificate has expired

I have to re-enter the site about 3 times before it actually figures out that I really do want to enter this site

Has anyone else had problems or is it just me. (I use Bit defender but not on Firefox so it looks like its a group io issue.

Message 1 is this

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from groups.io (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID

Subject: groups.io

Issuer: Cisco Umbrella Secondary SubCA lon-SG

Expires on: 17 Apr 2020

Current date: 15 Apr 2020

PEM encoded chain:

The advanced message is this

groups.io normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to groups.io this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be groups.io, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit groups.io at the moment because the website sent scrambled credentials that Google Chrome cannot process. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

Stan Garfield

Andrew, no one else from this community has reported such a problem.  I did find three threads in the Group Managers Forum that relate to your problem:
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/12586426
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/23246485
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/1298

It appears to be caused by your security software.  If you reply to the first thread and ask Shal Farley to respond, he may be able to provide some information on your situation.

Andrew Trickett

Thanks Stan I've managed to crack it it was the anti virus software, What was fooling me was that it wasnt enabled on one browser but still being blocked. I've managed to white list it now and it seems to be ok now.

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the inconvenience.