KM for small enterprises #KMers

Hello SIKM members,

I am looking for best KM practices for small enterprises.

Please suggest some resources, I would be grateful.

Looking forward to hearing from you.Best regards,

Deependra Tandukar

HandKnots Nepal

http://HandKnots.com | FB | Twitter

Rug for Me

http://rugforme.com | http://explorug.com/rugforme Mob apps: Android | iOS _ A 'TEAM' is not a group of people who work together, rather it's a group of people who 'TRUST' each other.

Dennis Pearce

Hi Deependra,

This is an observation from a sample of one (me) so might not be generalizable.  Over my career I went from working at IBM (300,000 employees) to Lexmark (15,000) to Igloo Software and now the Ounce of Prevention Fund (both around 350).  There seems to be an inverse relationship between formal systems and organization-wide collaboration.  IBM and Lexmark are international companies, so a lot of my time was spent on figuring out ways for employees who didn't know each other to connect.  At the Ounce, most people know each other and what they are doing, but there aren't very many formal systems so the work is more about getting everyone to use the same tools and processes.

My experience has been that often the challenge with smaller organizations is finding content, because it could be scattered across hard drives, SharePoint, Dropbox, Google Docs, you name it -- whatever some individual decides works for them.  Of course any size organization could have any kind of problem because of their culture, but it seems to me that in general large organizations are more likely to have formal systems and repositories while struggling to connect employees, while the reverse is true for smaller organizations.

So I guess a question I would have for you in order to recommend resources is what challenges are you facing?  What problems are you trying to solve?

Nirmala Palaniappan

Hello Deependra,

Please take a look at this article I wrote a few months ago.
Do let me know if it is of interest to you/relevant to your situation.
Would be glad to discuss further.

Regards
Nirmala

--
"The faithful see the invisible, believe the incredible and then receive the impossible" - Anonymous

Matt Moore <innotecture@...>

Hi - This is something that Patrick Lambe wrote nearly 2 decades ago - much of it is relevant: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/6858/e5e00ba44e63f79e3db881fc341c53b84084.pdf?_ga=2.129532687.202948811.1587254434-2050014622.1587254434

On Saturday, 18 April 2020, 12:40:46 pm AEST, Deependra Tandukar <dt@coremag.net> wrote:

Hello SIKM members,

I am looking for best KM practices for small enterprises.

Please suggest some resources, I would be grateful.

Looking forward to hearing from you.Best regards,

Deependra Tandukar

HandKnots Nepal

http://HandKnots.com | FB | Twitter

Rug for Me

http://rugforme.com | http://explorug.com/rugforme Mob apps: Android | iOS _ A 'TEAM' is not a group of people who work together, rather it's a group of people who 'TRUST' each other.

Thank you Dennis for sharing your experience and insight. It definitely guides me to look using wide lens into the issues.

Very useful info Jeff. I will go through the article you have shared and come back to you if I have any questions. And I would definitely like to have a demo of the system – please let me know how do I access.

Thank you  Nirmala, I will go through the article you have written - it will surely help me to understand more.

I will also look at Lambe's article you have shared Matt, thank you.

Best regards, Deependra

Nirmala Palaniappan

I remember reading this long ago, Matt. :-)
Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to reading it again.

Regards

On Saturday, 18 April 2020, 12:40:46 pm AEST, Deependra Tandukar <dt@...> wrote:

Hello SIKM members,

I am looking for best KM practices for small enterprises.

Please suggest some resources, I would be grateful.

Looking forward to hearing from you.Best regards,

Deependra Tandukar

HandKnots Nepal

http://HandKnots.com | FB | Twitter

Rug for Me

http://rugforme.com | http://explorug.com/rugforme Mob apps: Android | iOS _ A 'TEAM' is not a group of people who work together, rather it's a group of people who 'TRUST' each other.

--
"The faithful see the invisible, believe the incredible and then receive the impossible" - Anonymous

Bruce Boyes

Hi Deependra,

The following articles may be of assistance: http://realkm.com/km-in-small-and-medium-enterprises-smes/

Best regards,

Bruce.
bruceboyes.info

thank you Bruce, i will go through them.

best regards, Deependra