SIKM Leaders Community 15th Anniversary #milestone

15 years ago today I presented for the first time at the annual APQC Knowledge Management Conference. It was held that year in my former home town, St. Louis. Here are the slides I used:
Increasing Profits Through KM

On that same date the SIKM Leaders Community held its initial meeting. Here are details on that meeting and the history of the community:
SIKM Leaders Community: A community of practice for knowledge management

It was at that conference that I first met Tom Barfield, who became one of our first members. Tom is the presenter on this month's call on May 19, 2020 at 11 am EDT. Here is his topic:
Keeeb's Enterprise Intelligence Platform.

I would like to thank everyone who has helped make this community thrive for 15 years. That includes all of the presenters and attendees on the monthly calls, those who live tweet and ask questions during the calls, those who share and learn from posts, and those who ask and answer questions. A special thanks to Kate Pugh, Nancy Dixon, and Susan Ostreicher for leading the recent efforts to improve our community, and to all those who responded and agreed to participate in ongoing activities as a result. And to Sue Hanley, Arno Boersma, and Neesham Spitzberg for managing the annual SIKM dinners.

If you would like to present or lead a discussion on a future monthly call, just let me know.  Here are the details on our calls:

With gratitude,
Stan

Patrick Lambe

Happy anniversary all, and thank you Stan for your careful and caring stewardship all these years!

Patrick Lambe
Partner
+65 62210383

twitter: @plambesg

Knowledge mapping made easy: www.aithinsoftware.com

On 6 May 2020, at 7:27 PM, Stan Garfield <stangarfield@...> wrote:

[...]

Paudel

Happy Anniversary to Knowledge Management Practitioners !

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 5:12 PM Stan Garfield <stangarfield@...> wrote:
[...]

Krishna Prasad Paudel
Skype: paudel_k, Twitter: twitter.com/paudel05

Daniel Berhin <Daniel_Berhin@...>

Congrats  !!!

[...]

+========================================================================+
This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it
in error, please notify us immediately and then delete it. Please do not
copy it, disclose its contents or use it for any purpose.
+========================================================================+

Cindy Young

Thank you, Stan. This group is great and supports a need that isn’t always recognized until it’s not available.

Regards,
Cindy

On May 6, 2020, at 7:27 AM, Stan Garfield <stangarfield@...> wrote:

[...]

T J Elliott

Congrats on Quinceañera! The contribution made by your establishment of the group not just to its members but to the world in which they live and try to do their best is enormous

Peace,
T.J.

"Doubt is unpleasant, but certainty is ridiculous' Voltaire

On Wed, May 6, 2020, 7:27 AM Stan Garfield <stangarfield@...> wrote:
[...]

Kiran Seshadri Chidambaram

Remember the very first one Stan, doesn’t feel like that long at all. Congratulations to all the members and to Stan for growing this group in such a collaborative manner. Way to go.

Best

Kiran

From: SIKM <SIKM@groups.io> on behalf of "T J Elliott via groups.io" <tjell2010@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 7:38 AM
To: SIKM <SIKM@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SIKM] SIKM Leaders Community 15th Anniversary

[...]

Dennis Pearce

Congratulations -- SIKM has been a driving force in the KM world for years but soon it will be old enough to drive legally!

Stan,
Your stewardship and dedication to this community is formidable - keeping the record, hosting the monthly calls to bring forward the diverse talents of the group so we all learn, to your in-person presence at events, and to well, just being Stan!

A wonderful milestone, and perhaps in these times we know KM is more vital than ever.

Happy Anniversary to SIKM and thank you Stan.
Catherine

CATHERINE SHINNERS

DIGITAL WORKPLACE for Business Transformation

650.704-3889 mercedgroup.com Silicon Valley USA

catherineshinners@...

digital workplace | communications  |  knowledge management | community management | Prosci certified change professional

Arno Boersma

Congrats, Stan! No small feat to keep the movement going.

[...]

Joel Muzard

Congratulations Stan ! Amazing Community ! Thank you for all !

Le 6 mai 2020 à 07:27, Stan Garfield <stangarfield@...> a écrit :

[...]

Ha! And then they said KM was pretty much dead! Well, fast forward to 2020, SIKM and KM is still very much alive and kicking!

Big congrats, Stan (and everyone else!), for making SIKM a special community for knowledge practitioners! We're are living through truly extraordinary times and I'm really glad SIKM keeps pushing the limits in terms of helping organisations understand how critical KM is for each and everyone of them. Back then, and even more so today! 👏👏👏

Susan Hanley

Wow, 15 years! That's awesome! Thanks so much for all you do for our community, Stan! Happy Anniversary to all!

Katrina Pugh

This is such a great milestone.
Thank you, Stan, for your passion, intention, patience, and inclusion. You are a true role model.
SIKM has a fine record and a bright future.
This is a tribe worth belonging to.

Katrina Pugh
AlignConsulting | Collaboration AI and Strategy
Columbia University | Info and Knowledge Strategy Master's Program Faculty
Mobile 617-967-3910

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 12:03 PM Susan Hanley <sue@...> wrote:
Wow, 15 years! That's awesome! Thanks so much for all you do for our community, Stan! Happy Anniversary to all!

Dennis Thomas

Stan,

This 15 year benchmark is a real achievement.  It’s a testimony of your commitment to KM, and your dedication to helping others understand KM’s value and application.

My personal thanks.

Dennis L. Thomas
IQStrategix
(810) 662-5199

Leveraging Organizational Knowledge

On May 6, 2020 at 12:03:32 PM, Susan Hanley (sue@...) wrote:

Wow, 15 years! That's awesome! Thanks so much for all you do for our community, Stan! Happy Anniversary to all!

Jim Lee

There’s a reason why Jane Dysart called Stan “The Wikipedia of Knowledge Management”! I’ve been blessed to know Stan since before this and have always known him to be the ultimate knowledge sharer. Congratulations Stan on this milestone!

[...]

Brett Patron

Although Wikipedia does have questionable accuracy,  I cannot think of a better analogy with going all Boomer.. [e.g. "The Encyclopedia Britanica of KM"... "The Library of Congress of KM", etc.]

Regardless of the analogy,, we are better for his tireless efforts.

Thanks for this inspiring space!

Brett Patron, CKM
KM Specialist,
Joint Enabling Capabilities Command
Norfolk, VA

On Wed, May 6, 2020, 12:20 PM Jim Lee <jimleesrkm@...> wrote:

[...]

Tom Barfield

Stan – I appreciate your consistent leadership of our group for 15 years!

All – Thank you the many insights shared over the years.  The willingness to be open to share and contribute is a key to the ongoing success of our community.

Tom

Thomas J. Froehlich

Best wishes on the 15th anniversary and for many years to come.  Many thanks to Stan for his commitment to KM and for the many years of his evangelism and hard work!

Thomas J. Fröhlich, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus
School of Information
Kent State University