Podcasts - COVID-19 misinformation, prototyping and art #podcast #COVID-19

Dan Ranta

Rahul - I recently did a podcast on Zoom and it worked well.  It's only audio.  The interviewer was in California and I was in Guatemala City.    The podcast is live now and available on iTunes, Spotify, etc.  It's 31 minutes of me talking about KM as was sponsored / facilitated by BA Insight - a search firm that wanted to have a KM-related podcast.  In the process here's what I learned:

- The preparation was important.  We had a 30 minute call prior where I learned what the sponsor wanted me to contribute
- I sent some good background and previous publications to the podcast facilitator - Peter Wright
- What I learned was that the facilitator is the key person.  Pete was truly world class - very smooth in how he navigated the discussion.  He made it very easy and effective
- I think the audio-base technology you use can be nearly anything - I used a simple Apple earpiece with a microphone.

Dan

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 10:14 AM Rahul Lama <rlama1990@...> wrote:
Hi Matt,

Really enjoyed the podcast with Prof Axel and Dr. Timothy. I too would like to experiment with creating podcasts as a way of KM sharing in my organization.

I just wanted to know how did you record your session - face to face or online (Skype/Zoom/Hangouts) or Call? What tools/software do you use for recording your talks and for editing? Anything I need to keep in mind while creating my own podcasts?

Regards,
Rahul Lama

Rahul Lama

Hi Matt,

Really enjoyed the podcast with Prof Axel and Dr. Timothy. I too would like to experiment with creating podcasts as a way of KM sharing in my organization.

I just wanted to know how did you record your session - face to face or online (Skype/Zoom/Hangouts) or Call? What tools/software do you use for recording your talks and for editing? Anything I need to keep in mind while creating my own podcasts?

Regards,
Rahul Lama

Matt Moore <innotecture@...>

Hello,

I have been talking to some interesting people over the last month - in conversations that I think are of interest to knowledge managers but let me know if they are too wildly off-beam.

The first two conversations are about misinformation. Bobby Duffy's research on what people actually know (and what they think other people know) is really interesting from a KM perspective - in that it attempts to measure the accuracy of people's beliefs (which vary wildly depending on topic). Axel Bruns & Timothy Graham's work digs into how knowledge (esp. false knowledge) moves through online networks. Tim Rayner's talk is about prototyping in organisations and agile techniques (which are doubtless familiar to many people here) and Eaon Pritchard's is about many different things. N.B. I don't agree with everything that my interviewees say - i just think they are worth talking to.

COVID-19 Misinformation and Social Media - Axel Bruns & Timothy Graham: https://infoinnouts.podbean.com/e/socmedmis/
Bobby Duffy - The Perils of Perception, COVID-19 and Generational Myths: https://infoinnouts.podbean.com/e/duffy/
Tim Rayner - Prototyping for Business: https://infoinnouts.podbean.com/e/tim-rayner-prototyping-for-business/
Eaon Pritchard - Shot By Both Sides: https://infoinnouts.podbean.com/e/eaon-pritchard-shot-by-both-sides/

I am also conscious that I have slipped into talking to people like myself (male, western, middle-aged) for the last few podcasts (our webinars have been a little more diverse) and I need to change that up.

Regards,

Matt Moore