Professional Services KM Content: Does anyone have experience in migrating from Microsoft SharePoint to Salesforce (SFDC) #SharePoint

Vijayanandam VM

Hi

This is Vijay, leading KM for Blue Yonder Professinal Services.

In our organization a proposal presented to migrate the the "Knowledge assets" from Sharepoint to Salesforce
1. Would like to hear what has worked, and what didn't ?
2. Any constraints from Salesforce for hosting Knowledge assets
3. Can Salesforce host "Assets" in terms of playbooks for implementing a technical/business solution

appreciate your inputs in advance.

regards
Vijay

Pierre Maraninchi

Hi Vijay,

This is Pierre from PTC where we are facing a similar situation : our support services organization has been using SFDC for KM for 10 years and our professional services is using multiple knowledge repositories (including sharepoint) and considering moving to SFDC.

No straight answer for you but a couple of comments
  • If you plan to use SFDC knowledge, this is mainly intended for KCS practices and might not be ideal to manage the types of assets a professional services organization handles
  • Do you plan to use SFDC to “distribute” your knowledge to internal/external users ? or are you going to rely on another platform (CMS, search engine…)?
  • Do you have complex requirements for access control and approval workflow? if yes you might want to double-check if SFDC is matching your needs.
/Pierre

Vijayanandam VM

Thanks Pierre for your feedback.

As the organizations trying to depend more on "Operate (support)" than "Deploy" the tools tend to shift towards to Operate world. So KCS perspectives appear more critical than "Solution Playbooks" that are necessary for Consulting side..

thank you again..

Want to hear about evaluation of SFDC from any one for Development projects /Consulting projects / Professional services engagements.

regards
Vijay

Vijayanandam VM

Pierre,

To answer your additional questions.

A . Do you plan to use SFDC to “distribute” your knowledge to internal/external users ? or are you going to rely on another platform (CMS, search engine…

Answer :
1. Primarily we plan to use "bunch of knowledge assets" as play book for implementing a given solutions. How it would work in SFDC we do not know. Yet to evaluate
2. In future there is plan to make this knowledge available to Partners also

B. Do you have complex requirements for access control and approval workflow? if yes you might want to double-check if SFDC is matching your needs.

Answer :
1. Yes. Content Review and publishing
2. Visual representation of the Knowledge playbook for the solution

We will explore how SFDC can address these requirements.

appreciate your support again Pierre. Thank you.

Vijay