Topics

Update: October Call, How to Post, Community Guidelines #monthly-call #guidelines

Stan Garfield

I want to provide an update on three items.

1. New day and time for the October monthly call
Next month's call will be held on a special day and time. Our speaker, Matt Moore, would like to include fellow Australians. So the call will start at 5:00 pm US EDT on Monday, October 19, 2020, which is 8:00 am on Tuesday, October 20 in Sydney. Matt's topic will be the relationship between emotions and knowledge management. Please update your calendars.

2. How to Post
It is not always obvious to new members how to start a new post. So here is a reminder from the Welcome Message.
To start a new post, click on New Topic in the left menu. You can also post by sending email to main@SIKM.groups.io.
When replying to an existing post, don't change the topic. To discuss a new topic, start a new post instead.

3. Community Guidelines
I want to call your attention to the following that is included in the SIKM Leaders Community Guidelines:
  9. Posts should be personal, relevant to KM, and not advertisements or spam. Rather than suggesting private calls or sending content via personal email, share directly in the community.
To follow this guideline, please limit posts and replies that emphasize your product or service offerings. And please share inside the community, not outside of it. This means posting content here, not sending it by email to individuals. And it means sharing your ideas in the online discussions or in the monthly calls, not by inviting members to call, ping, or schedule a video conference. This will allow all members to benefit from what is being shared. Thanks to everyone for understanding and adhering to the guidelines.

Katrina Pugh

Hello, Stan and team!
Here is the blueprint as well. This is the extension of Stan’s guidelines.
We call these extended guidelines “rules of engagement” in the blueprint, and include the disciplines of clean questions, respecting each other and the forum (as Stan stated below), inclusion, and translation (summarization, sensemaking).
We hope to have a meeting in October welcoming all to reflect on the blueprint .

Kate

Katrina Pugh
President, AlignConsulting
Faculty, Columbia University Information and Knowledge Strategy Master's Program
617 967 3910