Validation of an Idea (Business Objectives through Knowledge/Learning) #methods

Nirmala Palaniappan

Hi KM-Enthusiasts,

In the previous organisation that I worked with, I conceptualised a methodology that helped participants start with their business objectives (owned by a department/business unit) and arrive at simplistic components related to knowledge creation, reuse, learning and similar aspects. The methodology then converts these aspects into crystal clear action items along with measures, responsibilities, timelines and so on. The progress with each action item could be tracked through an online mechanism and presented in a consolidated form. [This can - subsequently - be correlated to the actual achievement of the business objectives]

I have two queries for this community:

1. Are you able to relate to this idea - Have you come across anything similar to this?
2. Would it be a worthwhile activity to convert this into a technology-based interface for business units to leverage on? Would it be beneficial and appreciated?

Thank you,

Regards
Nirmala  
--
"The faithful see the invisible, believe the incredible and then receive the impossible" - Anonymous

Yes Nirmala, 

I have experienced this idea twice in different approaches: 

1- in my previous job position as Enterprise Architect: we worked with TOGAF framework to breakdown and align the strategy/ business objectives with the business activities and components (knowledge, processes, applications and data). We also had a software to make those enterprise maps and activity models. Main takeaway: nice conceptual idea, heavy in execution, requires continuous updates, development of APIs and involvement of many conflicting stakeholders. 

2- In my current job position as knowledge sharing leader, I have applied the strategic visioning exercise (Dan Ranta' method) to align the business objectives with the business processes, knowledge components and collaboration requirements with high impact on the business. Main takeaway: Powerful, leaders need to be accompanied to help them identify the learning requirements for their business activities/ processes. It also requires constant updates and involvement of stakeholders. 

Any technology/ software development should be able to connect with existing systems and applications, elsewhere it will quickly fade away. 

Hope that was helpful. 

Hi Nirmala

I infer you are talking about how the participants thought through, identified, and named what is their “critical and relevant” knowledge directly related to achieving their mission. Deciding on the “what” is then followed by achieving the “how” and measuring objective measure of success tied to the mission.  Makes perfect, solid sense. This concept and action is fundamental to many of my consulting engagements.

I believe if you can define a process for your organization then the business units would be bale to leverage this insight and the results and adapt to their context.  Colleagues with great experience in this group can provide you with more insight on the tech/dashboard about which you are thinking.

Bill

From: main@SIKM.groups.io <main@SIKM.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nirmala Palaniappan via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 08:50
To: SIKM@groups.io
Subject: [SIKM] Validation of an Idea (Business Objectives through Knowledge/Learning)

Hi KM-Enthusiasts,

In the previous organisation that I worked with, I conceptualised a methodology that helped participants start with their business objectives (owned by a department/business unit) and arrive at simplistic components related to knowledge creation, reuse, learning and similar aspects. The methodology then converts these aspects into crystal clear action items along with measures, responsibilities, timelines and so on. The progress with each action item could be tracked through an online mechanism and presented in a consolidated form. [This can - subsequently - be correlated to the actual achievement of the business objectives]

1. Are you able to relate to this idea - Have you come across anything similar to this?

2. Would it be a worthwhile activity to convert this into a technology-based interface for business units to leverage on? Would it be beneficial and appreciated?

Thank you,

Regards

Nirmala  

--

"The faithful see the invisible, believe the incredible and then receive the impossible" - Anonymous

Nirmala Palaniappan

Extremely useful inputs and insights, Rachad.
Thanks a ton! I am able to completely connect with your experience that it needs to be constantly evolving and must address conflicts in stakeholder expectations. 

Timely reminder that it must talk with other systems! :-) Thanks again!

Regards
N

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 at 9:51 PM, Rachad Najjar <rachadbn@...> wrote:

Yes Nirmala, 

1- in my previous job position as Enterprise Architect: we worked with TOGAF framework to breakdown and align the strategy/ business objectives with the business activities and components (knowledge, processes, applications and data). We also had a software to make those enterprise maps and activity models. Main takeaway: nice conceptual idea, heavy in execution, requires continuous updates, development of APIs and involvement of many conflicting stakeholders. 

2- In my current job position as knowledge sharing leader, I have applied the strategic visioning exercise (Dan Ranta' method) to align the business objectives with the business processes, knowledge components and collaboration requirements with high impact on the business. Main takeaway: Powerful, leaders need to be accompanied to help them identify the learning requirements for their business activities/ processes. It also requires constant updates and involvement of stakeholders. 

Any technology/ software development should be able to connect with existing systems and applications, elsewhere it will quickly fade away. 

Hope that was helpful. 

--

Nirmala Palaniappan

Yes, Bill. You are absolutely right.
That’s the exact process I utilised. 
I am pondering over how universally relevant such a process would be.
Software customisations may have their limitations....

Regards
N

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 at 9:53 PM, bill@... <bill@...> wrote:

Hi Nirmala

I infer you are talking about how the participants thought through, identified, and named what is their “critical and relevant” knowledge directly related to achieving their mission. Deciding on the “what” is then followed by achieving

the “how” and measuring objective measure of success tied to the mission.  Makes perfect, solid sense. This concept and action is fundamental to many of my consulting engagements.

I believe if you can define a process for your organization then the business units would be bale to leverage this insight and the results and adapt to their context.  Colleagues with great experience in this group can provide you with

more insight on the tech/dashboard about which you are thinking.

Bill

From: main@SIKM.groups.io <main@SIKM.groups.io> On Behalf Of

Nirmala Palaniappan via groups.io

Subject: [SIKM] Validation of an Idea (Business Objectives through Knowledge/Learning)

Hi KM-Enthusiasts,

In the previous organisation that I worked with, I conceptualised a methodology that helped participants start with their business objectives (owned by a department/business unit) and arrive at simplistic components related to knowledge

creation, reuse, learning and similar aspects. The methodology then converts these aspects into crystal clear action items along with measures, responsibilities, timelines and so on. The progress with each action item could be tracked through an online mechanism

and presented in a consolidated form. [This can - subsequently - be correlated to the actual achievement of the business objectives]

Thank you,

Regards

Nirmala  

--

--

Nirmala

Here is a knowledge enabled strategic planning approach I developed working with the intelligence community in the mid 2000’s post 9/11 and continue to use today.  It is particularly effective when standing up new focused groups or coaching strategic planning in larger organizations. The guiding principle is that the structure of the organization is driven by the mission and the ”critical and relevant” knowledge that exists within the organization, one size does not fit all and shouldn’t. The unique aspect is the initial situational awareness that makes all the difference in the outcome.

The link is explained but if you have a specific questions and wish to discuss I am glad to set aside time to answer them. I will be posting this to Linked In this week.

Best

Bill

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at www.workingknowledge-csp.com

From: main@SIKM.groups.io <main@SIKM.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nirmala Palaniappan via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 09:30
To: main@sikm.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SIKM] Validation of an Idea (Business Objectives through Knowledge/Learning)

Regards

N

Hi Nirmala

I infer you are talking about how the participants thought through, identified, and named what is their “critical and relevant” knowledge directly related to achieving their mission. Deciding on the “what” is then followed by achieving

the “how” and measuring objective measure of success tied to the mission.  Makes perfect, solid sense. This concept and action is fundamental to many of my consulting engagements.

I believe if you can define a process for your organization then the business units would be bale to leverage this insight and the results and adapt to their context.  Colleagues with great experience in this group can provide you with

Bill

Hi KM-Enthusiasts,

In the previous organisation that I worked with, I conceptualised a methodology that helped participants start with their business objectives (owned by a department/business unit) and arrive at simplistic components related to knowledge

creation, reuse, learning and similar aspects. The methodology then converts these aspects into crystal clear action items along with measures, responsibilities, timelines and so on. The progress with each action item could be tracked through an online mechanism

and presented in a consolidated form. [This can - subsequently - be correlated to the actual achievement of the business objectives]

Thank you,

Regards

Nirmala  

--

--

Stephen Bounds

Nice Bill!

I also developed a framework that I've used for a number of years that hits many of the same notes as yours with a different layout:

I like how yours has a greater focus on execution and communications. My framework was mostly about building a clear understanding of what is to be done, how it could be done, and why it mattered -- not so much the day-to-day operations.

And I fully agree this planning is essential work. I am, however, consistently surprised by how rare it is for organisations and teams to have consciously thought about all of these foundational elements.

Cheers,
Stephen.

====================================
Stephen Bounds
Executive, Information Management
Cordelta
E: stephen.bounds@...
M: 0401 829 096
On 30/09/2020 2:50 am, bill@... wrote:

Nirmala

Here is a knowledge enabled strategic planning approach I developed working with the intelligence community in the mid 2000’s post 9/11 and continue to use today.  It is particularly effective when standing up new focused groups or coaching strategic planning in larger organizations. The guiding principle is that the structure of the organization is driven by the mission and the ”critical and relevant” knowledge that exists within the organization, one size does not fit all and shouldn’t. The unique aspect is the initial situational awareness that makes all the difference in the outcome.

The link is explained but if you have a specific questions and wish to discuss I am glad to set aside time to answer them. I will be posting this to Linked In this week.

Best

Bill

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at www.workingknowledge-csp.com

Subject: Re: [SIKM] Validation of an Idea (Business Objectives through Knowledge/Learning)

Regards

N

Hi Nirmala

Bill

Hi KM-Enthusiasts,

Thank you,

Regards

Nirmala  

--

--

Nirmala Palaniappan

Thank you so much for sharing this, Bill.
I will run through it and get back in case I have any questions.
Thanks again! (On taking a quick look, I think you have an exhaustive and holistic approach. One of the aspects I have focused on is creating components based on knowledge and learning but I guess I can’t be sure it covers everything that may be critical for achieving the business objective)

Regards
N

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 at 10:20 PM, bill@... <bill@...> wrote:

Nirmala

Here is a

knowledge enabled strategic planning approach I developed
working with the intelligence community in the mid 2000’s post 9/11 and continue to use today.  It is particularly effective when standing up new focused groups or coaching strategic planning in

larger organizations. The guiding principle is that the structure of the organization is driven by the mission and the ”critical and relevant” knowledge that exists within the organization, one size does not fit all and shouldn’t. The unique aspect is the

initial situational awareness that makes all the difference in the outcome.

Best

Bill

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at

www.workingknowledge-csp.com

Regards

N

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 at 9:53 PM,

bill@...
<bill@...> wrote:

Hi Nirmala

I infer you are talking about how the participants thought through, identified, and named what is their “critical and relevant” knowledge directly related to achieving their mission.

Deciding on the “what” is then followed by achieving

I believe if you can define a process for your organization then the business units would be bale to leverage this insight and the results and adapt to their context.  Colleagues

with great experience in this group can provide you with

Bill

main@SIKM.groups.io <main@SIKM.groups.io>

On Behalf Of

Hi KM-Enthusiasts,

In the previous organisation that I worked with, I conceptualised a methodology that helped participants start with their business objectives (owned by a department/business unit)

and arrive at simplistic components related to knowledge

Thank you,

Regards

Nirmala  

--

--

--

Nirmala Palaniappan

Thanks a lot for sharing this framework, Stephen
Will run through your slide-deck on Slide-Share.
I think you hit the nail on the head.
It is indeed surprising as to why such a fundamental thing is not in place in many organisations. Also, building a tool for this may - admittedly - need a full-fledged team to be in place.

Regards
N

On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 at 6:46 AM, Stephen Bounds <km@...> wrote:

Nice Bill!

I also developed a framework

that I've used for a number of years that hits many of the same

notes as yours with a different layout:

I like how yours has a greater focus on execution and

communications. My framework was mostly about building a clear

understanding of what is to be done, how it could

be done, and why it mattered -- not so much the day-to-day

operations.

And I fully agree this planning is essential work. I am, however,

consistently surprised by how rare it is for organisations and

teams to have consciously thought about all of these foundational

elements.

Cheers,

Stephen.

Stephen Bounds

Cordelta

On 30/09/2020 2:50 am,

bill@... wrote:

Nirmala

Here is a

knowledge enabled strategic planning approach I developed

working with the intelligence community in the mid 2000’s post

9/11 and continue to use today.  It is particularly effective

when standing up new focused groups or coaching strategic

planning in larger organizations. The guiding principle is

that the structure of the organization is driven by the

mission and the ”critical and relevant” knowledge that exists

within the organization, one size does not fit all and

shouldn’t. The unique aspect is the initial situational

awareness that makes all the difference in the outcome.

The link is explained but if you have a

specific questions and wish to discuss I am glad to set aside

time to answer them. I will be posting this to Linked In this

week.

Best

Bill

Learn more

about the solutions and value we provide at

www.workingknowledge-csp.com

<main@SIKM.groups.io> On Behalf Of

Subject: Re: [SIKM] Validation of an Idea (Business

Objectives through Knowledge/Learning)

I am pondering over how universally

relevant such a process would be.

Software customisations may have their

limitations....

Regards

N

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 at 9:53 PM,

bill@...
<bill@...>

wrote:

Hi

Nirmala

I

infer you are talking about how the participants

thought through, identified, and named what is their

“critical and relevant” knowledge directly related

to achieving their mission. Deciding on the “what”

is then followed by achieving

the “how” and measuring objective measure of success

tied to the mission.  Makes perfect, solid sense.

This concept and action is fundamental to many of my

consulting engagements.

I

believe if you can define a process for your

organization then the business units would be bale

to leverage this insight and the results and adapt

to their context.  Colleagues with great experience

in this group can provide you with

more insight on the tech/dashboard about which you

are thinking.

Bill

main@SIKM.groups.io

<main@SIKM.groups.io>

On Behalf Of

Subject: [SIKM] Validation of an Idea

(Business Objectives through Knowledge/Learning)

Hi

KM-Enthusiasts,

In

the previous organisation that I worked with, I

conceptualised a methodology that helped

participants start with their business objectives

(owned by a department/business unit) and arrive

at simplistic components related to knowledge

creation, reuse, learning and similar aspects. The

methodology then converts these aspects into

crystal clear action items along with measures,

responsibilities, timelines and so on. The

progress with each action item could be tracked

through an online mechanism

and presented in a consolidated form. [This can -

subsequently - be correlated to the actual

achievement of the business objectives]

I

have two queries for this community:

Are you able to relate to this idea - Have you

come across anything similar to this?

Would it be a worthwhile activity to convert this

into a technology-based interface for business

units to leverage on? Would it be beneficial and

appreciated?

Thank

you,

Regards

Nirmala

--

"The

faithful see the invisible, believe the incredible

and then receive the impossible" - Anonymous

--

"The faithful see the invisible, believe

the incredible and then receive the impossible" - Anonymous

--

Vary rare I believe Stephen.

Bill

From: main@SIKM.groups.io <main@SIKM.groups.io> On Behalf Of Stephen Bounds via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 18:16
To: main@SIKM.groups.io

Nice Bill!

I also developed a framework that I've used for a number of years that hits many of the same notes as yours with a different layout:

I like how yours has a greater focus on execution and communications. My framework was mostly about building a clear understanding of what is to be done, how it could be done, and why it mattered -- not so much the day-to-day operations.

And I fully agree this planning is essential work. I am, however, consistently surprised by how rare it is for organisations and teams to have consciously thought about all of these foundational elements.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Stephen Bounds
Cordelta

On 30/09/2020 2:50 am, bill@... wrote:

Nirmala

Best

Bill

Regards

N

Hi Nirmala

Bill

Hi KM-Enthusiasts,

Thank you,

Regards

Nirmala  

--

--

Dan Ranta

Thanks for the shout-out Rachad.  Nirmala - with the rich replies from Bill, Rachad, and Stephen you have a nice set of ideas.  What I have found interesting over the years is that not all leaders (let's call them collaboration sponsors) are willing to go through a process to discover the business objectives that will be most valuable as part of a business plan / case.  I have worked with myriad of folks on a spectrum from "just give me some collaboration technology" to "yes, let's do a strategic visioning exercise with an inclusive mentality to get all ideas in play."  My favorite is the latter and to get to where that's commonplace, you need to have success and to show that success to convince folks to jump into the deep end with you.  When you get to that point, that's when you have a strategic program as you become a go-to leader to help others with a common strategic objective finding methodology.  It's hard to get there - but it's a super cool and rewarding destination.  

So yes, it's highly beneficial and appreciated.  Dan

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 10:21 AM Rachad Najjar <rachadbn@...> wrote:

Yes Nirmala, 

Hope that was helpful. 

--
Daniel Ranta
Mobile:  603 384 3008

Nirmala Palaniappan

Thank you so much for that valuable perspective, Dan.
It does seem like a long and yet rewarding journey.
I've often observed that handing out an intuitive and easy-to-deploy tool might be a game changer.
Regards
Nirmala 

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 at 00:35, Dan Ranta <danieleranta@...> wrote:
Thanks for the shout-out Rachad.  Nirmala - with the rich replies from Bill, Rachad, and Stephen you have a nice set of ideas.  What I have found interesting over the years is that not all leaders (let's call them collaboration sponsors) are willing to go through a process to discover the business objectives that will be most valuable as part of a business plan / case.  I have worked with myriad of folks on a spectrum from "just give me some collaboration technology" to "yes, let's do a strategic visioning exercise with an inclusive mentality to get all ideas in play."  My favorite is the latter and to get to where that's commonplace, you need to have success and to show that success to convince folks to jump into the deep end with you.  When you get to that point, that's when you have a strategic program as you become a go-to leader to help others with a common strategic objective finding methodology.  It's hard to get there - but it's a super cool and rewarding destination.  

So yes, it's highly beneficial and appreciated.  Dan

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 10:21 AM Rachad Najjar <rachadbn@...> wrote:

Yes Nirmala, 

Hope that was helpful. 

--
Daniel Ranta
Mobile:  603 384 3008

--

Sreejith Menath

Hey Nirmala,
I find the methodological approach you proposed, a really inviting one. I also find the inputs given by other commentators here, very much foundational and helpful.
But before transforming the framework into a digital platform, like an enterprise application, I suggest you need to evaluate and treat' the under-currents pertinent to the challenges involved in an intra-enterprise as well as extended enterprise context
Some of the signposts in this direction could be:
1.Is the framework truly end2end, meaning does it indeed expose a channel to penetrate the workflow silos. Also does it reflect the information flow, in a role-based ownership perspective.
2.Following up with 1 above, does the framework, when digitized tie up operational gaps with strategic goals of the organization.
3.How much process and people capability alignment needed to be in place. Meaning the tool should also help with as-is assessment and guide towards to-be milestones.
Hope this helps with a bit towards to channeling your efforts. I am happy to connect for further discussions in this area.

Regards,
Jith

Dennis Thomas

Hello Nirmala and others,

We were just invited to submit a proposal to the NSF (National Science Foundation) for a concept-driven cognitive technology.  Its purpose is to do exactly what you are considering - acquiring and sharing organizational knowledge.   The process starts by identifying the words, phrases, symbols that are used within a knowledge domain, then  representing the singular or plurality of concepts that may underly those words, phrases, and, symbols.  This is a disambiguation process that is designed to represent the context, meaning, and purpose of every concept associated with a knowledge domain.  Just as human’s do. 

These concepts are then embedded within common patterns-of-thought, called “thought schemas,” which are then displayed within novel visualization displays that represent rational thought.  The advantage of such a system is that it provides users with overviews along with comprehensive flows of associated content such as dependencies, contingencies, cross-reference, cross-functional, and causal content relationships - most all viewable on a single page. The system is designed to accentuate user engagement because the system works the way people naturally think. 

The intention is to facilitate organizational knowledge capture, management, continuous improvement, and the delivery of knowledge content across the enterprise.  The impact is to increase efficiency, performance, and profitability.  Concepts are language independent, so they can be output into most any language once a concept is defined.  Since the system supports secure multiple integrated knowledge layers, knowledge projects can be easily segmented according to need.  The beauty of the system is that it enables non-programming professionals such as Subject Matter Experts, operational personal, and others to represent most any organizational knowledge, to most any level of granularity. 

What we are looking for: 

We need (3) U.S. Companies that would be interested in a “first-in” implementation opportunity.  After NSF acceptance of the initial six-month project, NSF will grant up to $1,000,000 for the implementation of the project  technology.  Given the value of such a grant, we would be in a position to accommodate most any reasonable requirement related to KM, T&D, L&D, eLearning, eMentioning, Lean/Kaizen, ISO Quality Management Systems.

Also, the NSF will match a 3rd party investment of $1,000,000 with an additional $500,000, and the State of Michigan will provide a grant of $125,000 to match the investment.  Our requirement is that a participating company be a U.S. company with at least 2,000 EEs. 

The technology works with, and within, existing technology infrastructures.  Since Knowledge = Theory + Data + Information, the implementation of a near real-time knowledge ecosystem requires integration of RELEVANT organizational data.  This is a knowledge EcoSystem, not a data system. 

Other Consideration:  

(1) Our development team is in place.  The requirement is that the team be U.S. Developers. 
(2) Any commercial, non-profit, government, academic organization is acceptable.
(3)    The anticipated start date is mid 2021. 
(4) Otherwise, yes, we currently have a Natural Language-driven knowledge technology that starts at $28,200 for a 100-user system with a release date of Feb 1, 2021.  
(5) Our NSF Project is intended to establish a new paradigm of computing that enables users to interact with computing devices as of they were associates or subject matter experts from around the globe.
(6) Serious inquiries only.  Thank you --

Contacts: 

Dennis L. Thomas, CEO
IQStrategix
(810) 662-5199

Leveraging Organizational Knowledge 

On October 12, 2020 at 4:58:49 AM, Sreejith Menath (sreejithmenath1985@...) wrote:

Nirmala 

Nirmala Palaniappan

Thank you, Sreejith.
For now, I am considering a tool that handles feeding in of objectives and tracking of the progress and final status. A practical way of doing it, I presume, would be to then integrate it with existing systems and enterprise-wide platforms.
Will catch up with you on this at an appropriate time. 

Regards
Nirmala 

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 at 2:28 PM, Sreejith Menath <sreejithmenath1985@...> wrote:
Hey Nirmala,
I find the methodological approach you proposed, a really inviting one. I also find the inputs given by other commentators here, very much foundational and helpful.
But before transforming the framework into a digital platform, like an enterprise application, I suggest you need to evaluate and treat' the under-currents pertinent to the challenges involved in an intra-enterprise as well as extended enterprise context
1.Is the framework truly end2end, meaning does it indeed expose a channel to penetrate the workflow silos. Also does it reflect the information flow, in a role-based ownership perspective.
2.Following up with 1 above, does the framework, when digitized tie up operational gaps with strategic goals of the organization.
3.How much process and people capability alignment needed to be in place. Meaning the tool should also help with as-is assessment and guide towards to-be milestones.
Hope this helps with a bit towards to channeling your efforts. I am happy to connect for further discussions in this area.

Regards,
Jith

--

Murray Jennex

have you looked at a benefit register used in project management? it does what you describe....murray

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tue, Oct 13, 2020 1:10 am

Thank you, Sreejith.
For now, I am considering a tool that handles feeding in of objectives and tracking of the progress and final status. A practical way of doing it, I presume, would be to then integrate it with existing systems and enterprise-wide platforms.

Regards
Nirmala 

Hey Nirmala,

Regards,
Jith
--

Nirmala Palaniappan

Thanks, Murray.
Pardon my ignorance but is Benefit Register the name of a product or is this a popular term that’s used in PM circles? 

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 2:00 PM, Murray Jennex <murphjen@...> wrote:
have you looked at a benefit register used in project management? it does what you describe....murray

Thank you, Sreejith.

Regards
Nirmala 

Hey Nirmala,

Regards,
Jith
--
--

Murray Jennex

a benefit register is a tool used to track achievement of benefits in a project.  I've attached a free version of one such tool.  This tool tracks the benefit, its tie to strategic or other objectives, measures, schedule, status among other things....murray

To: Murray Jennex <murphjen@...>
Cc: main@sikm.groups.io <main@sikm.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Oct 13, 2020 1:32 am

Thanks, Murray.
Pardon my ignorance but is Benefit Register the name of a product or is this a popular term that’s used in PM circles? 

Thank you, Sreejith.

Regards
Nirmala 

Hey Nirmala,

Regards,
Jith
--
--

Nirmala Palaniappan

Thanks a ton, Murray. Very close to the template I use (outside of the workshop methodology and KM framework for converting business objectives into action items)

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 2:29 PM, Murray Jennex <murphjen@...> wrote:
a benefit register is a tool used to track achievement of benefits in a project.  I've attached a free version of one such tool.  This tool tracks the benefit, its tie to strategic or other objectives, measures, schedule, status among other things....murray

To: Murray Jennex <murphjen@...>
Cc: main@sikm.groups.io <main@sikm.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Oct 13, 2020 1:32 am

Thanks, Murray.

Thank you, Sreejith.

Regards
Nirmala 

Hey Nirmala,

Regards,
Jith
--
--
--

Hi again, 
"For now, I am considering a tool that handles feeding in of objectives and tracking of the progress and final status."
If you have already in place MS Sharepoint, you may consider a custom SharePoint list of Type 'Task List'. All Project task attributes are already defined by SharePoint Task List (Start date, end date, predecessor, successor, Assigned to, status...), it can be easily customized to add 'Objective', 'Benefits', 'Region', 'Country'....You also view your tasks in 'Gantt Chart' mode, have a visual timeline for the tasks, view them or re-organize them by priority, by type or by deadline...

Hope that was helpful. 

Thank you
Rachad