Topics

Sharing experiences in professional services #conversation

Cristina Whelan

Hi All

I was looking to speak to other professional services firms that have implemented KM, specially around their marketing and business development practices. I'm building a business case for a project within my firm and would like to be able to demonstrate how this is being done elsewhere.

Would anyone be up for a chat?

Thank you!
Cristina.

Cristina SS Whelan

Head of Knowledge and Insights, Marketing and Business Development

Grant Thornton UK LLP

Alison Jones

Hi Cristina,

Prior to my current role, I was knowledge manager and librarian at am Australian law firm.

My involvement with business development and marketing projects included:

  • Developing corporate profiles of competitors and potential clients;
  • Developing a searchable document library for tenders; and
  • Researching and writing content for our website and for annual reports etc.

Please feel free to get in touch with me directly if I might be of further assistance – alison.jones@...

Kind regards,

Alison

Alison Jones
Knowledge Manager
Geoscape Australia
Unit 6, 113 Canberra Avenue
Griffith
ACT
2603
(02) 6260 9031
Alison.Jones@...
www.geoscape.com.au
Create a free account
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of PSMA Australia Ltd trading as Geoscape Australia ABN 23 089 912 710. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.  All outgoing emails and attached files are virus scanned, but we do not represent that this email and any attached files are free from computer viruses or other defects. Further, we do not accept any liability for any damage caused by this email or attachments.

I was looking to speak to other professional services firms that have implemented KM, specially around their marketing and business development practices. I'm building a business case for a project within my firm and would like to be able to demonstrate how this is being done elsewhere.

Would anyone be up for a chat?

Thank you!
Cristina.

Cristina SS Whelan

Head of Knowledge and Insights, Marketing and Business Development

Grant Thornton UK LLP

Eugene Victorov <evgeny@...>

Hi Cristina,

In my previous experience in 2008-2010 I've worked as a KM in an HR consultancy firm.
We captured knowledge about projects right in the CRM system (that was a custom developed solution), and developing that tool was part of my job as well.

It was structured as a set of views around clients, candidates (that was an executive search firm), companies and industries.

They were quite small (100-150 people), so no CoPs, just capturing, but that was quite powerful then. Also, onboarding and storytelling from the softer side of KM.
---
Best regards, Evgeny Victorov
.
Knowledge Management and Digital Workplace expert.

Stan Garfield

      Cristina, these recorded webinars may be useful:

    1. Selling KM — Reuse Proven Practices — Part 1: Microsoft Services and Large Professional Services Firm
    2. Selling KM — Reuse Proven Practices — Part 2: Large Systems Integrator
    3. Selling KM — Reuse Proven Practices — Part 3: Large Defense Integrator
    4. Selling KM — Reuse Proven Practices — Part 5: Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) and The Hewlett-Packard Company

Matt Moore

Hi,

Professional services companies regularly cropped up in the Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise (MAKE) Awards with case studies written up.

Paula Young in the UK used to be the global KM lead for PwC - not sure who the best contact would be now.

Regards,

Matt Moore
+61 423 784 504

On Nov 14, 2020, at 9:19 AM, Stan Garfield <stangarfield@...> wrote:

      Cristina, these recorded webinars may be useful:

    1. Selling KM — Reuse Proven Practices — Part 1: Microsoft Services and Large Professional Services Firm
    2. Selling KM — Reuse Proven Practices — Part 2: Large Systems Integrator
    3. Selling KM — Reuse Proven Practices — Part 3: Large Defense Integrator
    4. Selling KM — Reuse Proven Practices — Part 5: Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) and The Hewlett-Packard Company

Cristina Whelan

Hi all

Thank you very much for your contribution. I'll check everything up and contact you individually if I need a follow up.

Much appreciated.

Kind regards
Cristina.