Topics

December 2020 SIKM Call: Arthur Shelley - Behavioral DNA of Collaborative Leadership #monthly-call

Stan Garfield

Next month's call will be held on a special day and time. Our speaker, Arthur Shelley, is in Australia. So the call will start at 4:00 pm US EST on Monday, December 14, 2020, which is 8:00 am on Tuesday, December 15 in Melbourne. Here is the updated calendar entry; please update your calendars. Arthur's topic will be Behavioral DNA of Collaborative Leadership.

Arthur Shelley

Hi Stan and Community,

I am excited and honoured to facilitate another session with SIKMLeaders - Thanks!

Behavioural DNA is a single page visual representation of the cultural environment (team, organisation, society, or a topic - like collaboration or leadership), cocreated by the people in the conversation. It is a fun and inclusive experience as everyone provides their perspective. The dialogue/interaction helps participants engage in constructive conversation about behaviours that help them align to a purpose/situation (and those that don't)

I would love to do the entire activity virtually, but feel this may be a bit rushed. I can always put the DNA image together afterwards and we can use one cocreated by another team earlier for the post activity reflection

We can do most of it so that you can do this with your teams later using the shared virtual file. it is best if you are on a computer, but id on Smartphone you will still get a sense of it. You can always browse OrganizationalZoo.com before if you want a deeper experience on the day (prior knowledge is always a good investment, but not necessary)

I look forward to interacting with you (from your future as I will already be in Tuesday on your Monday).

Dr Arthur Shelley
Founder, Intelligent Answers
Producer Creative Melbourne
www.OrganizationalZoo.com
@Metaphorage
+61 413 047 408
https://au.linkedin.com/pub/arthur-shelley/1/4bb/528

On 25 Nov 2020, at 02:12, Stan Garfield <stangarfield@...> wrote:

Next month's call will be held on a special day and time. Our speaker, Arthur Shelley, is in Australia. So the call will start at 4:00 pm US EST on Monday, December 14, 2020, which is 8:00 am on Tuesday, December 15 in Melbourne. Here is the updated calendar entry; please update your calendars. Arthur's topic will be Behavioral DNA of Collaborative Leadership.

Stan Garfield

This month's call will be held on a special day and time. This is a reminder of today's monthly call from 4-5 pm EST which is 8:00 am on Tuesday, December 15 in Melbourne.

  • December 14, 2020 SIKM Call: Arthur Shelley - Behavioral DNA of Collaborative Leadership
  • Slides
  • For online chat, use the group chat in FreeConferenceCall.com by connecting using your computer.
  • See a message from Arthur below.

SIKM Leaders Community Monthly Call

  • Where: (712) 770-4035 (US and Canada) Passcode 178302
  • International Dial-in Numbers
  • You can join online using your computer’s speakers and microphone at http://join.freeconferencecall.com/stangarfield
    - Online Meeting ID: stangarfield
  • If you join online, be sure to click on the grey phone icon and then choose your audio preference. If your audio is live, you should see a red phone icon.
  • If you have problems connecting, call customer service at 844-844-1322.
  • Occurs the third Tuesday of every month from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Eastern Time (USA)
  • Community Site
  • Slides - There is no live screen sharing - you follow along by advancing the slides yourself.
  • Previous Calls
  • Future Calls
  • Calendar
Message from Arthur: I am excited and honored to facilitate another session with the SIKM Leaders Community. Thanks! Behavioral DNA is a single page visual representation of the cultural environment (team, organization, society, or a topic - like collaboration or leadership), co-created by the people in the conversation. It is a fun and inclusive experience as everyone provides their perspective. The dialogue/interaction helps participants engage in constructive conversation about behaviors that help them align to a purpose/situation (and those that don't) created by another team earlier for the post activity reflection.

We can do most of it so that you can do this with your teams later using the shared virtual file. it is best if you are on a computer, but if on a smartphone you will still get a sense of it. You can always browse OrganizationalZoo.com before if you want a deeper experience on the day (prior knowledge is always a good investment, but not necessary). I look forward to interacting with you (from your future as I will already be in Tuesday on your Monday).

Arthur Shelley

Thanks to everyone on the call today to discuss Behavioural DNA of collaborative Leadership.

I appreciated your questions and your interest. My contact details are on the slidedeck if you wanted to clarify any aspect of the approach.

Also happy to answer any questions here on the SIKM Leaders forum.

Enjoy your end of year break and we al look forward to a better 2021.

Regards

Arthur Shelley

Producer: Creative Melbourne

Author: KNOWledge SUCCESSion  Sustained performance and capability growth through knowledge projects

Earlier Books: The Organizational Zoo (2007) & Being a Successful Knowledge Leader (2009)

Principal: www.IntelligentAnswers.com.au

Founder: Organizational Zoo Ambassadors Network

Mb. +61 413 047 408  Skype: Arthur.Shelley  Twitter: @Metaphorage

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/arthurshelley/

Free behavioural profiles: www.organizationalzoo.com

Blog: www.organizationalzoo.com/blog

Creative-Melbourne-Banner_2018_Final_Smaller

[...]

TO: SIKM Leaders Community

Today we held our 184th monthly call.
Thanks to Arthur for presenting, to those who asked questions and made comments, and to all those who attended. Please continue the discussion here by replying to this thread. Here are the details of the call.
Group Chat

[12/14/2020 4:02:00 PM] Louis-Pierre GUILLAUME: late in France :-(

[12/14/2020 4:02:52 PM] Stan Garfield: Thanks for joining Louis-Pierre.

[12/14/2020 4:07:19 PM] john@...: Hi everyone, my first time joining the Group. I have met Arthur many years ago but suspect he won’t remember me! John Carney (UK

[12/14/2020 4:12:40 PM] John Hovell: laughing at myself as i've used the cards many times, and somehow never noticed they're the letters of the alphabet :)

[12/14/2020 4:12:40 PM] John Hovell: sure, especially in short term wins

[12/14/2020 4:18:07 PM] john@...: I’m sure we’ll launch a question or two when we’ve heard a bit more, bw John

[12/14/2020 4:26:14 PM] john@...: I might ask a question in the context of my challenge to land KM if you are up for it Arthur 😉

[12/14/2020 4:30:10 PM] John Hovell: E

[12/14/2020 4:30:19 PM] Eve Porter-Zuckerman: E

[12/14/2020 4:30:35 PM] Stan Garfield: D

[12/14/2020 4:30:36 PM] Robert Bogue: E

[12/14/2020 4:30:37 PM] Tom Barfield: DE

[12/14/2020 4:30:42 PM] Mary: A + E

[12/14/2020 4:30:42 PM] Mary: (Much depends on leadership and the willingness of the people to do the right thing.)

[12/14/2020 4:31:39 PM] D L Thomas: D & E

[12/14/2020 4:35:49 PM] john@...: Thanks for the answer Arthur. I will go for D

[12/14/2020 4:46:30 PM] John Hovell: Art, I often use the org zoo and Patrick Lambe's 'org culture cards' together... mind if i ask about that? thoughts on similarities and differences in those approaches? (i love how the decks work together)

[12/14/2020 4:52:56 PM] john@...: Thank you Arthur for a very interesting perspective. It’s feeling late  now so I’m going to drop off the call, until next time

[12/14/2020 4:54:26 PM] John Hovell: Thanks Art and Stan and everyone, see you next time!

[12/14/2020 5:00:17 PM] D L Thomas: What a fresh and  interesting study on culture.  Makes me wonder what kind of animal I am.  Certainly a thinking type? Analytical..  A doer.  Uuummmm.  Thank you very much!!

[12/14/2020 5:00:54 PM] Beth Coleman: Thank you Art and Stan!

[12/14/2020 5:00:56 PM] Mary: Thank you, Arthur!

[12/14/2020 5:00:56 PM] Mary: Thanks, Stan!

[12/14/2020 5:00:56 PM] Mary: Happy Holidays, everyone!!

Tweets

VMaryAbraham @VMaryAbraham #Culture affects #trust and, therefore, knowledge flows & performance.

VMaryAbraham @VMaryAbraham #Leadership is a strong influencer of #culture. But be aware that a single org can have many subcultures.

VMaryAbraham @VMaryAbraham Collaborative #leadership is the best form of leadership.