Looking for KM reading material #resources #case-studies #metrics #strategy #hot-topics

Vandana Wadhawan

Hi all,

I’m looking for reading materials such as KM case studies, KM strategies, KM KPIs and hot topics in KM.

Any leads would be appreciated.
--
Thanks,
Vandana W

Douglas Weidner

Hi  Vandana,

The KM Institute's CKM curriculum is rich with such: KM case studies, KM strategies, KM KPIs and hot topics in KM.

In particular, we focus on at least 12 strategic KM Initiative types and case studies, which we metaphorically call KM Bulls. KM Bulls include for example: CoPs, Expert/Expertise Locators, Lessons Learned (LLMP) and Best Practice Management Processes (BPMP), K Transfer & Retention (KT&R), Innovation, Connect & Collect, Rethink Learning, etc.

We primarily focus on 13 KM Implementation strategies, which we 'learn-by-doing, hence our KM PRACTICUM. We focus on both doing KM Metrics, but also on research-based activities that have proven to lead to increased likelihood of success.

All the above are documented in our KM Methodology, the core of our KM Body of Knowledge (KMBOK)™.

If you have any specific questions, I can provide more info. However, please note, we are more about proven activities/processes (and continually improving them), than every latest emerging technology, many of which don't actually emerge or survive, even if they do emerge.

We do have a few technology pets (hot topics?). We are initiating tests for the enrichment of student-to-student collaborations, especially including gamification, initially in workshops, eventually in enterprise transformations.

Douglas Weidner
Chief CKM Instructor
Exec Chairman, KM Institute

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 10:33 AM Vandana Wadhawan via groups.io <vandanawadhawan=yahoo.co.in@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all,

I’m looking for reading materials such as KM case studies, KM strategies, KM KPIs and hot topics in KM.

Any leads would be appreciated.
--
Thanks,
Vandana W

Vandana, thanks for posting your query.  These links may be helpful.
KM hot topics
  1. Digital workplace
  2. Digital transformation
  3. Working Out Loud (WOL) and narrating your work
  4. Community management
  5. Cognitive computing and artificial intelligence (AI)
  6. Analytics and business intelligence
  7. Enterprise Social Networks (ESNs), especially Microsoft and Workplace by Facebook
  8. Chat tools such as Slack
  9. Gamification and digital badging - SIKM Topic
  10. Agile methodology
  11. Mobile apps and bring your own device (BYOD)
  12. Knowledge retention — the aging workforce will soon retire, and to take advantage of their knowledge and experience, we need creative approaches like keeping them connected to their former communities
  13. Aggregation — using tags, activity streams, and API calls to deliver relevant information feeds through multiple channels.
  14. Customization — allowing individuals to interact with potentially overwhelming flows of information in an optimal way, filtering out the noise and delivering just what is most needed.
  15. The ISO 30401 Standard for Knowledge management systems - SIKM Topic