Convincing videos for the skeptic? #knowledge-transfer #video #selling #adoption

Ninez Piezas-Jerbi

Hello dear experts,

I am privileged and very grateful to hear and learn so much wisdom from all of you!

Please, I would be so grateful for your suggestions on any convincing (and preferably entertaining) videos that could convince my skeptical colleagues about Knowledge Management.

Particularly on
  • why we need to manage our knowledge, as well as
  • why knowledge transfer mechanisms are useful for an organization.
Wishing you all a lovely evening,
Ninez
Chief, Knowledge Management Section
World Trade Organization

First one that comes to mind for me (there aren't many, to be honest) is one I saw by David Garvin and Harvard Business School on after action learning. It was a three-part video series adapted from his book, Learning In Action. University libraries may still have copies of the series. It's very well done, particularly the one on After Action Learning, featuring the US Army. If you can't find that one, there are lots of AAR videos on youtube. The Wildland Fire Service has published a bunch of info on their approach. Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Afb8qLujo

I just stumbled on this series from Patrick Lambe - pretty funny stuff - may not serve your purposes, however: https://www.youtube.com/user/plambe/videos

I've also used the video about the Two Hour House in some KM settings, as it can be used to launch a discussion about the role of KM and expertise location, best practices sharing, etc. in a planning context. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2HqW-AAb20

--
-Tom
--

Tom Short Consulting
TSC

All of my previous SIKM Posts

Hi Ninez,

I frequently get this situation with some of my customers, i have developed a series of video scribes for this specific purpose.

Knowledge sharing: a conversation between a sharing advocate and a sharing skeptic. (Video Link
Knowledge communities - How they can help in knowledge transfer? (Video Link
knowledge communities - What i can do? (Video Link
Knowledge communities - The circular effect of knowledge sharing. (Video Link

Let me know if you need further materials.

Thank you
Rachad

Ninez Piezas-Jerbi

Thanks Tom!  Thanks, Rachad!
Will surely look into these!
Much appreciated! 🙏🙏🙏

On 3 Mar 2021, at 20:14, Rachad Najjar <rachadbn@...> wrote:

Hi Ninez,

I frequently get this situation with some of my customers, i have developed a series of video scribes for this specific purpose.

Knowledge sharing: a conversation between a sharing advocate and a sharing skeptic. (Video Link
Knowledge communities - How they can help in knowledge transfer? (Video Link
knowledge communities - What i can do? (Video Link
Knowledge communities - The circular effect of knowledge sharing. (Video Link

Let me know if you need further materials.

Thank you
Rachad

Stan Garfield

Ninez, thanks for your post! This previous thread about KM Videos may be of interest. And the #video hashtag links to other related threads.

Nirmala Palaniappan

Hi Ninez,

I spent several weeks last year writing out some basic KM scripts and working with an agency to create some sample videos for promoting KM. Please take a look - it may be of interest to you.

PS: If you want me to help you out further, please write directly to me and I will be happy to help flesh out scripts etc.

Regards
Nirmala

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 at 11:55 PM, Ninez Piezas-Jerbi <npjerbi@...> wrote:
Hello dear experts,

I am privileged and very grateful to hear and learn so much wisdom from all of you!

Please, I would be so grateful for your suggestions on any convincing (and preferably entertaining) videos that could convince my skeptical colleagues about Knowledge Management.

Particularly on
  • why we need to manage our knowledge, as well as
  • why knowledge transfer mechanisms are useful for an organization.
Wishing you all a lovely evening,
Ninez
Chief, Knowledge Management Section
World Trade Organization

--
"The faithful see the invisible, believe the incredible and then receive the impossible" - Anonymous

Ninez Piezas-Jerbi

Thanks so much, Nirmala!

On 4 Mar 2021, at 05:04, Nirmala Palaniappan <Nirmala.pal@...> wrote:

[...]

Tom Barfield

Ninez - here are a few short videos my team at Accenture created back in 2011 to describe why knowledge sharing and collaboration is so important to each person within Accenture and to their clients. The videos were shared with new joiners to Accenture to introduce them to the ideas of learning socially and to get them started. While it has been 10 years, I think the messages in the videos still hit home. Sharing & Collaboration: Overview - http://youtu.be/ssZPn1r5O6c Part 1: Connect - http://youtu.be/lICMs0t7ewg Part 2: Contribute - http://youtu.be/CtpNQHuLNK0 Part 3: Cultivate - http://youtu.be/BHrQ3HbI0Sw

Tom

Ninez Piezas-Jerbi

Thanks so much, Tom!