Cal Newport comes to bury Slack, not praise it #podcast #collaboration #tools

Matt Moore

Hi,

I agree with Newport in that many of our uses of collaboration technology (be it email or Slack) are bandaids over bad working practices.

This is similar to the “knowledge-sharing culture” discussions. Because neither knowledge sharing nor collaboration are ends in themselves.

I am increasingly of the mind that unless KM practitioners are willing to dive deep into the work being undertaken (both why and how it is undertaken) our impact will be ineffectual.

Regards,

Matt Moore
+61 423 784 504