September 2021 SIKM Call: Matt Seaman - Co-creating a Knowledge Management Methodology with Industry #monthly-call #call-center #methods

Stan Garfield

This is a reminder of tomorrow's monthly call from 11 am to 12 noon EDT. Note that the US is now on Daylight Savings Time.

  • September 21, 2021 SIKM Call: Matt Seaman - Co-creating a Knowledge Management Methodology with Industry
  • Slides
  • For online chat, use the group chat in FreeConferenceCall.com.

SIKM Leaders Community Monthly Call

  • Where: (712) 770-4035 (US and Canada) Passcode 178302
  • International Dial-in Numbers
  • You can join online using your computer’s speakers and microphone at http://join.freeconferencecall.com/stangarfield
    - Online Meeting ID: stangarfield
  • If you join online, be sure to click on the phone icon and then choose your audio preference.
  • Please don't turn on video - this increases the size of the recording ten times.
  • If you have problems connecting, call customer service at 844-844-1322.
  • Occurs the third Tuesday of every month from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Eastern Time (USA)
  • Community Site
  • Slides - There is no live screen sharing - you follow along by advancing the slides yourself.
  • Previous Calls
  • Future Calls
  • Calendar

Today we held our 193rd monthly call. Thanks to Matt for presenting, to those who asked questions, and to all those who attended. Please continue the discussion here by replying to this thread. Here are the details of the call.
Relevant links
Group Chat

[9/21/2021 11:45:10 AM] Retha Prinsloo: Thanks Matt, please share one or more topics that the members discuss, i.e real world examples.

[9/21/2021 11:45:10 AM] Retha Prinsloo: Great examples, thanks. I like that member companies help to test novel ideas & frameworks coming from the consortium👌

[9/21/2021 11:52:10 AM] Retha Prinsloo: May individuals also join the consortium?

[9/21/2021 11:54:29 AM] Tim Powell: This is terrific work you are doing!  Thanks, Matt and Stan, for an informative session.

[9/21/2021 11:54:54 AM] Mohammad Hassanzadeh: Matt. Thank you for your answer, My last question is: How do you measure the real value created through this cooperation?

Eve Porter-Zuckerman: Thanks for hosting this informative talk. One theme that stood out to me was patience -- with ideas that rise, drop, and surface once again sometimes years later, resolvable then in ways impossible before.

Brett J. Patron: Some interesting ideas in the slide deck. Looking forward to viewing the presentation and gaining greater context.

Mohammad Hasanzadeh

Dear Stan and Matt
Thank you for a great call.

With best regards
Mohammad Hassanzadeh

--
With best wishes

Retha Prinsloo

Thanks Matt & Stan, it was an interesting call.

One of the issues around knowledge harvesting & retention is managing the life-cycle of both the 'raw' material & earlier versions and Matt's description on how they facilitate and support this was very interesting to me.

Matt Seaman

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 12:07 PM, Stan Garfield wrote:
How do you measure the real value created through this cooperation?

It is hard if not impossible to try and measure the 'value' with a metric of the cooperation / interactions as they are taking place and it is a bit of a delayed gratification model.  The nice thing about a co-creation model is that the people who co-created it determine how they measure value from what they created.  In the case of the Consortium for Service Innovation, members report back on the “real value” that is created with increased operational efficiency, engaged employees, improved products & services, improved measures of customer engagement (Satisfaction, NPS, Customer Effort Scores, etc).  Members also report back on the value that they receive personally by being a part of a connected and supportive community - some of that looks like promotions, new job opportunities, or just personal growth.  The Consortium considers ongoing engagement, cooperation, and participation by people as the ultimate measure of success.  As we talked about in the presentation, everyone is volunteering to participate and if they did not feel value in that participation they would no longer engage in the co-creation.  There is no ‘score’ that we feel can encapsulate that.

Best Regards,
Matt Seaman