3rd party tool for Term Store Management? #SharePoint #taxonomy #tools

Sarah Kaufmann

I've got a manager that wants to use the Microsoft "Term Store Management Tool" via SharePoint to manage a taxonomy. As it takes about 20 clicks to move and merge a term (and no shortcut keys), I find this tool tedious. Just wondering: does anyone know of a third party tool to manage terms more easily?
Thanks,
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

https://mondeca.com/home/

There’s semantic work associated to taxonomy to leverage the tool full potential.

Thank you
Rachad

On 10 Nov 2021 at 22:02 +0100, Sarah Kaufmann <sekaufmann9@...>, wrote:
I've got a manager that wants to use the Microsoft "Term Store Management Tool" via SharePoint to manage a taxonomy. As it takes about 20 clicks to move and merge a term (and no shortcut keys), I find this tool tedious. Just wondering: does anyone know of a third party tool to manage terms more easily?
Thanks,
Sarah

Robert L. Bogue

Sarah –

There’s a new termstore user interface that’s being rolled out that’s better (but still not great.)  Are you doing a lot of moving and merging of terms?  Generally speaking I discourage that because users will have trouble finding things.

Some of our clients use a termstore synchronization tool that we built that allows them to manage the terms in other tools and then import them into SharePoint when they’re done with the management.  The tool handles movement – but admittedly there’s no good way for it to handle merges.  We generally recommend that people do that by hand because we find it’s a rare condition.

Rob

Robert L. Bogue

O: (317) 844-5310  M: (317) 506-4977 Blog: http://www.thorprojects.com/blog

Want to be confident about your change management efforts?  https://ConfidentChangeManagement.com