From: main@SIKM.groups.io <main@SIKM.groups.io> On Behalf Of Stan Garfield via groups.io
Sent: 30 December 2021 22:10
To: main@SIKM.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SIKM] - MAN-AGE-MENT-OR = Man aged to Mentor #name

Larry, for previous discussions on what to call KM, see these threads.

Stan Garfield

Larry, for previous discussions on what to call KM, see these threads.

Larry Jones-Esan

Dear Comrades

The concept of Knowledge Management (KM) My question today is, should KM be called KMS. If Knowledge is …Knowledge is a familiarity or awareness, of someone or something, such as facts, skills, or objects contributing to ones understanding – TACIT-

KNOWLEDGE dictionary definition

facts, information, and skills acquired through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.

"a thirst for knowledge"

awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a fact or situation.

"the programme had been developed without his knowledge"

AND

MANAGEMENT   = MAN-AGE-MENT-OR MAN AGED TO MENTOR OR MAN AGE TO MENTOR – then Women would ask why MAN?

It is very difficult to give a precise definition of the term management. Different management authors have viewed management from their own angles; moreover, during the evolutionary process of management different thinkers laid emphasis on different expects. For example, F.W. Taylor emphasized engineering aspects, Elton Mayo laid emphasis on human relations aspects, E.F.L, Brech, George R. Terry emphasis on, decision making aspect, Ralph Davis stresses leadership aspect and some others like Barry Richman etc. emphasized integration or coordination aspect.

Confuse dot com. Can Knowledge be managed? Either way, Let me know your take on this subject to better understands, please.

I am not simply playing with words here if you are wondering .. sincere clarity is what I need.

Thank you in advance.

Larry Jones.