Survey on Ethical aspects of knowledge management #survey

Patrick Lambe

Dear colleagues and friends in knowledge and information management! I have been doing some work on ethical aspects of knowledge management, and I want to understand how practitioners see their KM/IM roles, especially in relation to (a) knowledge exploitation, (b) our sphere of influence, and (c) ethical principles or codes of practice.

I have posted a fairly substantial survey (estimated 25 minutes) with some statements that are intended to provoke reflection. I would very much appreciate your responses - anyone who wants to receive the report, please leave your email contact in the survey (your responses will be anonymous). https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BVYN2ZZ

Please also share this across your own networks! Many thanks in advance.

Patrick

Patrick Lambe
Partner
Straits Knowledge

phone:  +65 98528511

web:  www.straitsknowledge.com
resources:  www.greenchameleon.com
knowledge mapping:  www.aithinsoftware.com

Jaye Lapachet

Hi Patrick,
I come from a library background to KM and we have a strong code of ethics in the various organizations (SLA, AALL, ALA). I have always worked hard to adhere to those codes of ethics. The ALA version can be found at: https://www.ala.org/united/sites/ala.org.united/files/content/trustees/orgtools/policies/ALA-code-of-ethics.pdf.

Jaye Lapachet