April 2022 SIKM Call: Patricia Eng - To ISO or not to ISO? #monthly-call #standards

Stan Garfield

This is a reminder of tomorrow's monthly call from 11 am to 12 noon EDT. Note: The U.S. is now on Daylight Savings Time, so adjust accordingly in other countries.

  • April 19, 2022 SIKM Call: Patricia Eng - To ISO or not to ISO? ISO 30401: Knowledge Management Systems From an Auditor’s Perspective
  • Slides
  • For online chat, use the group chat in FreeConferenceCall.com.

SIKM Leaders Community Monthly Call

  • Where: (712) 770-4035 (US and Canada) Passcode 178302
  • International Dial-in Numbers
  • You can join online using your computer’s speakers and microphone at http://join.freeconferencecall.com/stangarfield
    - Online Meeting ID: stangarfield
  • If you join online, be sure to click on the phone icon and then choose your audio preference.
  • Please don't turn on video - this increases the size of the recording ten times.
  • If you have problems connecting, call customer service at 844-844-1322.
  • Occurs the third Tuesday of every month from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Eastern Time (USA)
  • Community Site
  • Slides - There is no live screen sharing - you follow along by advancing the slides yourself.
  • Previous Calls
  • Future Calls
  • Calendar

Stan Garfield

Today we held our 200th monthly call. Thanks to Patricia for presenting, to those who spoke up and posted in the chat, and to all those who attended. Please continue the discussion here by replying to this thread. Here are the details of the call:
  • April 19, 2022 SIKM Call: Patricia Eng - To ISO or not to ISO? ISO 30401: Knowledge Management Systems From an Auditor’s Perspective
  • Slides
  • Recording
Group Chat
  • Stan: Nick Milton's talk: ISO 30401:2018 - The Management System Standard for KM and what it might do for you https://groups.io/g/SIKM/message/6687
  • Stan: Chris Collison's talk: Chefs’ Stories from the KM Cookbook https://groups.io/g/SIKM/message/7414
  • Brett Patron: I love the KM cookbook concept
  • Patrick Lambe: It is an excellent book, with great illustrative examples of meeting requirements
  • Tim Powell: This is excellent stuff! 30401 seems like a major leap forward for KM as a management discipline.
  • Marcie Zaharee: very interesting, thank you
  • Eve Porter-Zuckerman: I agree, very interesting information! Thank you!
  • Nate Sampson: Your comments on explaining what KM is and is not to your organization rings true to me as a relatively new corporate knowledge manager. Glad to hear those struggles are shared across organizations and maybe we're still on track to advance KM practices and standards.
  • Tim Powell: If there are few certified auditors, this seems like a major drawback.  Is there any systematic plan to address this?
  • Curtis Conley: Very informative - thank you so much!
  • Bart Verheijen: Thanks for your presentation and explanation Patricia!
  • Tim Powell: Thank you for the helpful presentation!
  • Brett Patron: Excellent presentation, thank you!
  • David Frank: Thanks Patricia for the interesting presentation. You really simplified it in a good way.
  • Patrick Lambe: Thanks Patricia!
  • Grazyna Wykowska: Thank you very much! Very interesting!

Sorry I missed this.  Worked through slides and part of recording.  Thank you Patricia…well done and learned things I did not know!

Bill

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at www.workingknowledge-csp.com

[...]

Arthur Shelley

Edited

Stan,
Congratulations hosting on your 200th call!
A huge contribution to knowledge sharing and international collaboration.

Patricia,
I am so pleased that your voice and experience is being shared in this forum. You bring a unique perspective to KM that adds to our holistic understanding of what is important about knowledge, why and how it is applied.
Sorry I missed this session - challenging timing from Australia (3AM), but from the recording & slides, and my knowledge if your work. I know this will be of great value to many.

Arthur Shelley
Founder, Intelligent Answers
Producer Creative Melbourne
www.OrganizationalZoo.com
@Metaphorage
+61 413 047 408
https://au.linkedin.com/pub/arthur-shelley/1/4bb/528

On 20 Apr 2022, at 03:35, bill@... wrote:

Sorry I missed this.  Worked through slides and part of recording.  Thank you Patricia…well done and learned things I did not know!

Bill

image001.png

image002.png   image003.png

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at www.workingknowledge-csp.com