MS Teams Attendance Tracking and GDPR #tools

Kim Glover

Hi all,

I wanted to take a moment to share my appreciation for this group. It is a rich resource and a perfect example of knowledge-sharing and collaboration, a "giant brain" full of KM knowledge, exploration, curiosity, innovation and lessons learned. Stan, your leadership in getting it started and keeping it going is nothing short of awesome. Thank you, Stan, and thank you to each person who shares here, either with a question that will benefit many of us when we see the answers pour in, an answer that sheds light on hot topics or a discovery we can all learn from. I am a quiet connoisseur of your brilliance, and will endeavor to contribute more.

And now, I have a specific question. Global Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) can sometimes prevent the use of certain features in tools, because the features collect 'personal data'. For those who are using Office 365 Teams, have any of you turned on the feature that allows the tracking of attendance, and if so, did you take any specific steps to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements? Any information you could share about how you made the decision to turn on this feature, how you deployed it and the change management approach would be appreciated.

Once again, thank you to everyone.

Sarah Emes

Your message of acknowledgement and appreciation for this group inspires me!  I'm thankful for Stan's leadership in sustaining this hive of knowledge and experience.  As I transition into new roles next year, in both my personal and professional life, I really want to stay connected and contribute where possible.

This Office 365 Teams question is huge for foreign-owned companies and I'm eager to read the discourse.
All best to you and yours.  Stay safe!

John Antill

For attendance the simplest one is to get the chat history in teams.
John Antill
M.S. KM
MCKM, CKS IA KT
Kent State MS KM Advisory Board Member
256-541-1229

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 10:18 AM Kim Glover via groups.io <kim.glover=technipfmc.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.

Kim Glover

Hi John,
Thank you for the response. We can use the chat history, but it's a manual process, and there must have been requests for a button to do the same, because a new feature was added a couple of months ago.

Microsoft Teams meeting attendance report - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

We are wondering if anyone has enabled this feature, and how it jives with GDPR requirements.

Kim Glover

Thank you for the reply, Sarah, and I'll be sure to share what we learn, whether it's from this forum or in another way.

Stan Garfield

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 10:18 AM, Kim Glover wrote:
For those who are using Office 365 Teams, have any of you turned on the feature that allows the tracking of attendance, and if so, did you take any specific steps to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements?
Kim, thanks for the kind words and for posting your question.  I hope that others will provide some responses.