KM workshop #question

Vandana Wadhawan

Hi all,

Has anyone organised and planned any KM workshops in past?  I’m thinking about doing it for the Business Partners and customer liaison managers aligned to our team.

Any thoughts, or any topics you had used would ge helpful.
--
Vandana W

What’s the goal?

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 12:43 PM Vandana Wadhawan via groups.io <vandanawadhawan=yahoo.co.in@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

Has anyone organised and planned any KM workshops in past?  I’m thinking about doing it for the Business Partners and customer liaison managers aligned to our team.

Any thoughts, or any topics you had used would ge helpful.
--
Vandana W

--
~Tom

Tom Short Consulting

+1 415.300.7457

--
-Tom
--

Tom Short Consulting
TSC

All of my previous SIKM Posts

Douglas Weidner

Hi Vandana,

At the KM Institute we do such briefings all the time, usually when we do a custom, in-house Certified K Manager (CKM) workshop vs. an open-enrollment workshop.

Typically we do an executive briefing for C-Level employees and a basic primer (KM101) for K Workers.

The executive briefing focuses on the strategic aspects of the KM Transformation, especially the organizational implications of the  Knowledge Age and the new top management responsibilities .

KM101 emphasizes the much-changed roles of all employees in the K Age. It encourages them to become much more engaged Personal K Managers.

Of curse the KM Team gets highly specialized training on how to successfully transform the organization. We now emphasize learn-by-doing with our KM PRACTICUM approach over mere lectures the historic, more traditional training.

Douglas Weidner
Exec Chairman, Chief CKM Instructor
KM Institute

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 7:43 AM Vandana Wadhawan via groups.io <vandanawadhawan=yahoo.co.in@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

Has anyone organised and planned any KM workshops in past?  I’m thinking about doing it for the Business Partners and customer liaison managers aligned to our team.

Any thoughts, or any topics you had used would ge helpful.
--
Vandana W

Hi Vandana,

we have conducted many KM workshops for Novartis, Roche and other companies. The first question is however what type of KM do you have in mind and what contribution should KM do to your organization?

Is it more active and therefore more knowledge orientated or more on the passive side and therefore information orientated. Your selection of techniques, methods and tools will depend on this.

The 3 Sphere Model is a great tool to clarify this question with your audience and design your KM workshop accordingly. More information about this you find here: https://www.aht.ch

Regards,
Pavel
--
Dr. Pavel Kraus
President SKMF

Hi all,

Has anyone organised and planned any KM workshops in past?  I’m thinking about doing it for the Business Partners and customer liaison managers aligned to our team.

Any thoughts, or any topics you had used would ge helpful.
--
Vandana W

Nancy Dixon

Vandana,
When I introduce KM to a group I start with a KM exercise that demonstrates how much knowledge is in the room - and participants are engaged and intrigued.  Then I talk about the 10 big ideas of KM.

However, I fully agree with Tom Short. It depends on what you and the group you bring together want and need from KM. My exercise assumes the organization needs to find ways to share and create knowledge. If the goal is to capture and store knowledge, you need a different starting point.

Good luck on your new efforts😀

Nancy