Topics

Network graphs? #SNA-ONA-VNA

Ninez Piezas-Jerbi

Hello,

I was wondering if someone in the network has any good tools to recommend to make network graphs?
I'd be so grateful.

best regards,
Ninez

Stephen Bounds

Free or paid? How many nodes? Graph Online is excellent for small projects.

Cheers,
Stephen.

====================================
Stephen Bounds
Executive, Information Management
Cordelta
E: stephen.bounds@...
M: 0401 829 096
====================================
On 22/03/2021 11:39 pm, Ninez Piezas-Jerbi wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if someone in the network has any good tools to recommend to make network graphs?
I'd be so grateful.

best regards,
Ninez

Chris Collison

Hey Ninez,

If you mean network analysis graphs, I’d recommend Gephi or NodeXL - both of those will handle the WTO population.  I’d recommend ONASurveys for the data gathering (not free, but very effective).

Kind regards,

Chris

From: <main@SIKM.groups.io> on behalf of Stephen Bounds <km@...>
Reply to: "main@SIKM.groups.io" <main@SIKM.groups.io>
Date: Monday, 22 March 2021 at 14:36
To: "main@SIKM.groups.io" <main@SIKM.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SIKM] Network graphs?

Free or paid? How many nodes? Graph Online is excellent for small projects.

Cheers,
Stephen.

====================================
Stephen Bounds
Executive, Information Management
Cordelta
E: stephen.bounds@...
M: 0401 829 096
====================================

On 22/03/2021 11:39 pm, Ninez Piezas-Jerbi wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if someone in the network has any good tools to recommend to make network graphs?
I'd be so grateful.

best regards,
Ninez

Ninez Piezas-Jerbi

Thanks, Stephen, Thanks Chris!

best,
Ninez

From: <main@SIKM.groups.io> on behalf of Stephen Bounds <km@...>
Reply to: "main@SIKM.groups.io" <main@SIKM.groups.io>
Date: Monday, 22 March 2021 at 14:36
To: "main@SIKM.groups.io" <main@SIKM.groups.io>

Free or paid? How many nodes? Graph Online is excellent for small projects.

Cheers,
Stephen.

====================================
Stephen Bounds
Executive, Information Management
Cordelta
E: stephen.bounds@...
M: 0401 829 096
====================================

On 22/03/2021 11:39 pm, Ninez Piezas-Jerbi wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if someone in the network has any good tools to recommend to make network graphs?
I'd be so grateful.

best regards,
Ninez

Hi Ninez,

I chose an open source software developed by INRIA and LaBRI called “Tulip”. Tulip is a data visualization tool. It models the relationships between the nodes and analyzes the connections between them. Tulip contains a library of algorithms that can be applied to the data set and model them into graphs. The interactions between the nodes can be analyzed and the data associated to them can be filtered or grouped. The nodes can also be clustered into macro nodes if they share the same data properties.

You may download Tulip from http://tulip.labri.fr/TulipDrupal/

Thank you
Rachad

Abbe Wiesenthal

I just started using a free tool called "GitMind". I've found it very useful in both its visualizations and outline formats.

Ninez Piezas-Jerbi

Thank you Rachad, Thank you Abbe!  Much appreciated!

best,
Ninez