Network Mapping - Good practice & lessons learnt #mapping

Priyadarshini Banati

Hi everyone,
I hope you are all doing well today.

I work for Q, a community of 4000+ members who come together to improve health & care across the UK and Ireland. We're piloting the use of Kumu for network mapping.  I am reaching out to the experts in this group to understand how you have approached network mapping with your communities.  What have you learnt from doing this?  Are there examples of your work where you used network mapping to actively shape / recalibrate your community's strategy and/or the support provided to that community?  What are the 2-3 things that we need to avoid or be wary of as we start down this path?

I will be happy to gather what is shared in this group and share it back with the group... and if there's sufficient interest, can volunteer to organise a peer assist to discuss what we've learnt across the group.

Looking forward to your help,
warmly,
Priya Banati

Ginetta Gueli

Edited

Hello Priya,
I have experience in Knowledge Mapping which, from my point of view, is the first step to do network mapping, even if many times I think they are the same thing or one is inside the other one. Anyway, I just made a public presentation on how I mapped knowledge in an unconventional way. Here you are if you want to listen it: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6782214712839962625/

I am interested in the topic, a lot! And happy to be part of a "Peer Assist" event about it.

Looking forward to hearing from you and all.

Thank you and all the best,
Ginetta
--
Ginetta Gueli
Information & Knowledge Manager | Project Manager

Priyadarshini Banati

Thank you Ginetta. I look forward to listening to what you've shared.
warmly,
Priya

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 10:46 AM Ginetta Gueli via groups.io <ginetta.gueli=libero.it@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Priya,
I have experience in Knowledge Mapping which, from my point of view, is the first step to do network mapping, even if many times I think they are the same thing or one is inside the other one. Anyway, I just made a public presentation on how I map knowledge in an unconventional way. Here you are if you want to listen it: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6782214712839962625/